2010-01-01

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone!

This is my first blog post - I'm just testing out the system right now.  I expect the first couple of posts here to concern replication, as it's something which I'm currently tweaking and streamlining.  However, I deal with everything from backups to performance tuning to development, so there should be a nice balance of topics.


A note on my environment - we're currently running transactional replication from 5-7 production servers through a single central distributor to multiple reporting and centralized business rules servers.  Most of the servers in my production environment are running SQL 2008 Enterprise 64-bit, and I anticipate that by mid-year, all of my remaining servers will be migrated to our SQL 2008 active passive clusters.


I've been a DBA for about 5 years now, working with SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, and every time I dig a little deeper into the SQL Server internals, I realize just how much there is to know.  I've been meaning to keep a blog for a while now, and it's kind of a New Years resolution - for myself as a kind of documentation, and for anyone out there who may stumble across any of the same issues.  Nothing infuriates me more than not knowing *why* something is happening, so expect a lot of detail in my posts.


D

No comments:

Post a Comment